Friday 30 August 2013

CUP POST STUDS

I'm sorry for putting a minimal effort into this blog lately,
I would like to change that.

Since the weekend is here and the weather might be dull
here and there I though I make an inspirational post.

I'm gonna show you what you can do with cup post studs
and some bits that's not flat on the back.
Like these vintage buttons and broken hair elastic.
I usually sand things down with one of those 4 stage nail
files/buffer but it didn't work on these cherry buttons, I cut
off the "loop" as close as I possibly could and then trying
to sand the remaining bit off but they were a bit too fragile
and that's when the cup posts works a treat.

BEFORE

AFTER

This old hair elastic doesn't have a flat back and I didn't want
to even try to cut the back off since it probably would damage
the whole flower.
Cup post to the rescue.

BEFORE

AFTER

I got mine from eBay, dirt cheap.
I haven't used them for more than a handful of projects but
it's something that's handy to have in the craft supply box.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend.

2 comments:

Vintage Coconut said...

Never even knew cup posts existed!
I adore those little cherry earrings.

Palmingo said...

I like your idea. The earrings are really cute