Wednesday 10 October 2012

SPARKLY


I already got a pair of gold lurex capri pants (well,
it’s actually a jumpsuit/high waisted capri’s) but I’ve
been on the lookout for a pair that’s even more gold
in color and sparkly to the max but sellers on eBay
and Etsy are really taking the mickey on the price
when it comes to vintage gold lurex capri’s so I gave
up looking.
(I rather spend $300 on something more useful.)

Lucky me there’s a great haberdashery shop in town.
Got this fabric last week and it was on sale and a few
minutes before I found a £5 note on the floor so they
were basically free! :D

It took me 2 hours (that’s including cutting, trying them
on and endless amount of times and refilling the spool
twice) and I must say I’m pretty darn pleased since I
did it freehand and it was 13 years ago (where did the
time go?) since I last made a pair of pants!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

They are great, well sewn, like riding a bike, you never forget how to sew! I bet they are better than the ones for sale on ebay anyway.

TemperamentalBroad@blogspot.com said...

Super cute!! And way better than paying an arm and a leg for a vintage pair!

Mama D said...

Those are fab!

Kitten von Kat said...

Looking good!! :D

Miss 1949 said...

I love them they look beyond great!

Ms. Falcon said...

those are so glamorous ... love them!