Monday 25 June 2012

WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE

It wasn't fun to come home to a jungle after 3 weeks of
lazy bliss in the sun!
It's been raining non stop since April and there's nothing
much that could be done outdoors so I just left it, as you
can see I had a lot to deal with on a sunny day.

It took me 3 hours to cut the front and the back lawns!!!
I was in pain the next day but it was worth it.

I bought a pedestal birdbath on eBay yesterday that I'm
gonna spray paint gold for a kitschy addition in our quite
bland back garden.

Here's some work in progress, more to come.

Our lower front garden, my favorite spot, it's so granny and lush! 

Our top front garden, my least favorite spot.
I really hate the Conifer hedge!!!

Welcome to the jungle! This is what was supposed to be our
vegetable/herb patch but has been used as a toilet for the cats
in the neighborhood.
I do NOT want Toxoplasmosis so we have to rethink this one.   

Less of a jungle and this patch is now cleared and will no be a
flowerbed instead! Last summer I got TONS of seeds from my
Dutch friend Uschi and I can't wait to see what's gonna pop up!

Since there's been a jungle for weeks a lot of fire ants had taken
over (my left foot is itching like crazy!!!) and I had to put some
ant powder down. My man said it looks like an Aardvark with a 
cocaine habit is living in our front garden.

Found that there was a sale on Geranium (Pelargonium) the other 
day when we were in town so I snagged me a few.

For this price you would too!!!

Also got these small wicker chairs for free from a charity shop, 
they were gonna end up in the skip but I think I can use them 
as cool accessories in the garden. We'll see.

No comments: