Friday 2 September 2011

IN FULL VIEW

So here's my finds from Monday's car boot sale...


Hand sewn 1960's gold lame brocade dress, £5.
I really love this dress. Pardon the creases, I'm too dizzy to be
trusted with an iron at the moment.



Gold clutch bag, 50 pence.
Not vintage but very useful.


Diana Dors biography, 10 pence.
I don't think many outside the UK (or even in the UK) knows who
Diana Dors was.
Diana was a famous English actress and had her peak in the 1950's
and 1960's and she was often called "the English Marilyn Monroe."
I should also add that my handsome man was an extra in the two-
part dramatisation The Blonde Bombshell: The Diana Dors Story.
You can watch the dramatisation in parts here
.


1960's lamp shade, £3.
I looove lamp shades made out of plastic ribbon.
This shade needed a lot of cleaning but it turned out great!
Got this from the same guy who sold me the Hawaiian fabrics and
the pink lamps in the bedroom on Saturday.

5 comments:

Vintage Blankets Museum said...

Hi Little Rascal,
I'm very interested in the 2 colorful car blankets from your blog. Do you still have them and like to sell them?
My e-mail:
p.vorrenhagen@gmx.net
Thanks and best regards,
Peter

Little Miss Wink said...

I do for sure who the wonderful Diana Dors was!
Wrote an article about her in a german magazine last year. Got a DVd-box with her movies, she's a true beauty and seemed to be quite a character in real life.

Thanks for last night, sweetheart.

Vintage Coconut said...

That dress is just gorgeous. *Seriously exquisite*

The lampshade is a great!

Miss Rascal said...

Peter: Sorry, not for sale, they are always useful. Thank for asking tho.

Miss Wink: Yeah, but you're a true film buff. If you ask around you'll get a blank stare. ;))

I'm glad if I can be of any help you know. <3

Vintage Coconut: Thanks sweetie! Good luck scouting this weekend!

art deco dame said...

LOVE the dress!!