Friday 30 September 2011

CHEESY?

My man is such a romantic fella.
On the 25th of September it was five years since he
first sent me a message on Myspace, he found me in
a group called Jews With Tattoos.
Now how cheesy is that! LOL!
I thought we was way too gorgeous for me and most
musicians is just after one thing, groupies, which I had
no interest to be, but I'm a nice girl so I did reply to his
message the next day and we had daily contact.
About a month later his best friend was staying at his
place for a while and he had a Swedish girlfriend, I had
a friend who met an English guy and I knew she was
over so I asked if it was her, and it was! So I called her
and then she gave the phone to "my musician" and we
started talking on the phone daily and just two months
later I was meeting him in person and he turned out to
be the sweetest little ball of fur I ever met.

I look forward to December when we'd been together
for five years, it's a milestone and not something I will
take lightly. I plan to make it a very special day.

As I said earlier, my man is a romantic fella and here's
what he gave me on our "5 years since first message
anniversary"...


My favorite flowers in the colors I prefer.


A vintage Monet necklace.


A vintage ring, more green. :))

And this...





It's a vintage lipstick holder with a mirror, marked
Japan. I couldn't find a lipstick narrow enough for it
so I use it for my Chap Stick at the moment. :))

(This was actually stuff I had on my favorite list on
Etsy and can you believe each item only cost $3!!!)

13 comments:

lasophia said...

Aww that was a sweet story! Myspace saved lives,

Dolly Cool Clare said...

I like how you met, its very romantic! Mark is a real sweet guy and I know you are very happy together, heres to many more years :)

Miss Rascal said...

La Sophia: Ha ha! Thanks hun.

Clare: It's not romantic at all Clare, it's cheesier than Holland! :))
Aw, thanks. <3

Malayka said...

Awww that's so sweet, congratulations! My guy and I met on the dance floor at a hot rod show... ha ha that was a little cheesy too!

Miss Rascal said...

Dashfield Vintage: Thanks hunni. :)
I think the way you met is very old school and cool. :)

Miss Tallulah Porkchop said...

My b'day is september 25th. Fabulous date all round. :)

That picture of the flowers is amazing.

Salsa Von Leopard said...

Lucky gal!!! You got a goodun' then. Love the story of how you 2 met.

Miss Rascal said...

Miss Tallulah Porkchop: Thank you darling.
Happy belated birthday! :)

Bella VonBluebell: I do. :))

Miss Rascal said...

Linnea: Naaa! Ar det sant?! Vad hande? Nu snorvlar jag som en dare. :(

Vi kollade pa en tik pa 10 veckor som kommit in hos Battersea Dog Home men eftersom jag inte ar kry sa far det nog vanta ett tag till.
Jag tror Pickles dramat fick Mark att inte vilja gora om proceduren, han grat da vi lamnade tillbaka henne.

doradadama said...

Many congrats!
How romantic amor,wish you the best for the future.
I met mi Buddy through myspace too.
We have 6 yrs together and going on 3 yrs. married.

Vintage Coconut said...

Jews with Tattoo's huh? LOL
That is the last place I would think to find you. *heheh*
I like your story cheesey or not. I wish you two MANY MANY more years of happiness!
Maybe some pineapples too *wink*

p.s. The gifts are lovely, you are so spoiled. =p

Kitten von Kat said...

Happy Anniversary! I always love hearing about how different couples got together, I met my guy at work, when I was still in a relationship with an Englishman. But when that was over, I asked him out...and got rejected! He though it wasn't a good idea as he is 12 year older than me. But we were friends on facebook and started writing to each other, until he came to his senses and invited me over for tea. The rest is history! ;)

vintage_kitten said...

What a sweet story.Love reading how couples meet.Those flowers are beautiful.Love all the jewelry.And the lipstick holder.looks cute with the chapstick.