Tuesday 5 April 2011

THE CLAM CLUTCH

I found this this wicker trinket box, dusty and neglected,
in a bargain bin last week on one of our vintage hunts.
I got the idea to revamp it into a cool clutch bag with just
a few easy steps...


Before. In need of a good clean.


Underside.


Start of by cleaning it with a brush and some soap.


Wicker is much easier to work with while wet so I
started to cut the stand off on the underside.


In progress...


Put an elastic band on the center edge and tie.
I always burn the ends of the elastic so the black
thread won't fray.


Add a paper fastener. This is the outside.


This is the inside.


Clasp finished and so is the project.


Let's disco!

Can be used with an Hawaiian or nautical outfit.

5 comments:

Perdita Tinsel said...

What a delightful little project, that clutch is just right for summer parties! I'll have to keep an eye out for old wicker when hunting the jumble!

vintage_kitten said...

That is really cute and a cool ide to make it a clutch.I would never thought about it.I would but it i the bathroom for my little soaps or something like that.A clutch is a better use for it.Great job.

Malayka said...

I love this! What a great find.

doradadama said...

What a nifty idea, will match all your Hawaiian dresses.you can also add cherries or hibiscus flowers.

Chantele Cross-Jones said...

Love your DIY clutch, its very cool!
Daisy Dayz Home
Cross-Jones-Photography Home