Monday 15 November 2010

MY DAY

Today we finally had some sunshine so me and my
man took a long walk after our morning coffee.
We also went to look at a cute Victorian house that's
for sale. We absolutely loved it but both the garden
and the house itself was a bit on the small side even
though it got 4 bedrooms.
(It's not the entire house, it's semi-detached.)
The street the house is on really capture exactly my
childhood fantasy how it would look like in England.
I'm sorry to say that there's not Victorian houses on
narrow streets everywhere you go.
Wouldn't that be swell though?


Click on the image for larger version.

Afterwards I went to my local haberdasher to have
a look at fabrics, I ended up falling in love with this
cute bunny rabbit fabric.
My plan is to use it for a top, 1940's tie top perhaps
with light blue bias.


Click on the image for larger version.

When we got home we were starving so I made us a
very nice Tai soup (water chestnut, bamboo shoots,
baby corn, red and orange peppers, red curry paste
and coconut milk) served with rice.
For dessert we had my home baked Elvis cake and
coffee.
I made some cakes on Saturday for my man to take
to the recording studio as a treat for the band.
The Elvis cake was actually an experiment where I
used my recipe for the fat free apple cake, without
apples and cinnamon, of course.
Instead I added bananas and peanut butter.
What a treat it turned out to be!
Moist and full of flavor.



RASCAL'S ELVIS CAKE

You'll need:
2 eggs
2 dl light brown sugar
2 dl flour
1,5 tsp baking powder
2 tbs smooth peanut butter
3 bananas

This is what you do:
Put the oven on 175 degrees °C.
Use a round non stick baking tin with detachable
bottom.
Peel the bananas and mash them up with a fork.
Whisk eggs and sugar thoroughly with an electric
whisk.
Mix the dry ingredients and pour it into the egg
mix and whisk until smooth.
Add the bananas and the peanut butter, mix well.
Pour into the baking tin and bake in the middle
of the oven for about 30 min.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Dolly Cool Clare said...

I am so making some of this Elvis cake! ♥ peanut butter! :)

The Freelancer's FashionBlog said...

I am so making Elvis Cake too!

jewlover2 said...

I have to make this on my channel! I'm originally from Memphis so it's a MUST! Thanks doll!