Monday 14 June 2010

JUST SAYING...

To rant or not to rant, that's the question...
I must say I like Beyonce and the idea with this video.
It's sexy and very trendy and I don't think the 1950's
has been as hot as it is right now.
Mainstream got the hint and is cashing in big time on
"our" scene so I'm not surprised to see a big star like
Beyonce dressed up in vintage style clothes.
But what I particularly don't like with this video is that
the choreographer clearly didn't have any ideas of her
or his own and thought it would be okay to rip off Bettie
Page's moves from Teaserama.
Not cool guy's. Wasn't the Bettie bangs enough?
Give Bettie more cred!
Just saying...






2 comments:

1950s Atomic Ranch House said...

There was a 1950's style resurgence in the late 70's, early 80's that I recall. I don't think it ever lost it's momentum since. There have been custom car shows in my area featuring 1950's cars, rockabilly scene, swing dancing, WWll planes, post war etc and other related events ever since.

But I think many (too many) performers these days tend to copy songs and trends from the past.

Mrs Munster said...

Nope, not cool and considering how bad that song is!